ACPTA has a new way to support local students by supporting local businesses. It’s called Austin Fun + Learning, and it’s a win for students, a win for some of our favorite local businesses and a win for Austin’s future!
How does it work?
Step 1: You support favorite local stores by choosing items to buy and donate. Stores give you a discount of 10-15%. (Click here for a list of stores and discount codes.)
Step 2: Volunteers pick your donations up from participating stores and deliver them to students at Austin ISD food distribution sites.
Step 3: Students enjoy new opportunities for fun + learning, at a time when every kid needs that more than ever!
Thank you for supporting this project! And thank you to the local businesses and not for profits who are collaborating with us! Our not for profit collaborators include Austin Voices for Education & Youth, Austin Partners in Education and Marathon Kids.
Looking for other GREAT ways that you can support this project?
- Share information about this impactful community-driven program with your local school, neighborhood, worship and civic communities, let’s make sure the kids we support can continue enjoying new opportunities for fun and learning through the end of 2020 (and beyond).
- Organize an individual, school, team or group donation drive – high demand items include new or gently used books and/or NEW school supplies, backpacks, elementary age headphones or other learning activity kits. Contact email@example.com for more detailed information and donation box delivery options.
- Purchase items through ACPTA’s Amazon wish list. Please ship donations to 8124 Amelia Cove Austin, TX 78750 so we can deliver your donation to students in need.
- Facilitate a NextDoor neighborhood garage sale to benefit Austin Fun + Learning. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get started.
- If you’re a local business that sells things that encourage fun + learning, we would love to have you join this project. Please email email@example.com.